In Case You Need It
Shoot in Super 16 using the same 13 stop dynamic range as the Blackmagic Cinema Camera at a fraction of the size. The Super 16mm-sized 1080HD sensor produces amazing footage that can be viewed on the 3.5” LCD display or on an external monitor via the included micro HDMI port. The high resolution screen zooms in to 1:1 size for accurate focusing. The Micro Four Thirds lens mount allows for a variety of lens choices and is PL mount-compatible using an adapter.
This diminutive version of the Blackmagic accepts SD cards with the built-in recorder that captures ProRes 422 (HQ) and lossless compressed RAW CinemaDNG files when using fast SDXC cards. When using ProRes, you can record for more than 50 minutes on a 64GB SD card at 24 frames per second. The 10-bit ProRes 422 (HQ) files are above broadcast standards. Unlike the built-in battery of the original Blackmagic, this pocket version has a removable battery for handy recharging and swapping for already-charger batteries. An added bonus for this camera is its 1/4"-20 UNC-threaded mounting point on the top and bottom of its body, which allows for convenient support configurations.
More information: For a more detailed product description, including additional specifications, please visit the manufacturer's website.
• This camera has a crop factor of 2.88. This means that for any lens, no matter what brand or mount, you will need to multiply the focal length by 2.88 (i.e: a 50mm lens on this camera will look like a 144mm lens would on a full frame camera) For more information consult our crop factor chart.
• A BMCC rental will not include the dongle that enables the full version of DaVinci Resolve. DaVinci Resolve Lite can be downloaded for free here.
• Camera does not have a hotshoe mount, nor does it include any kind of hot shoe adapter. If you intend to use any shoe mountable accessories, you will need to provide your own adapter.
• The battery life this camera offers not great (less than one hour of power). Also, be aware that the Pocket camera will often cease accepting battery power from specific batteries. We include (1) standard battery, but you will want to rent a couple spares to ensure your shoot does not suffer interruptions.
• Recording in RAW format requires UHS-I Sandisk Extreme Pro SD memory cards.
• Camera with body cap
• Charger / AC Adapter
• Full HD 1920x1080 CinemaDNG RAW (bullets)
• Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) (QuickTime MOV)
• Active Micro Four Thirds Lens Mount
• 13 Stops of Dynamic Range
• Records to SDXC and SDHC Memory Cards
• 3.5" LCD Display with 800x480 Resolution
• HDMI, LANC, 3.5mm Audio Input and Output
• Nikon EN-EL20 Compatible Rechargeable Battery
• Shoot at 23.98p, 24p, 25p, 29.97p, 30p
• Dimensions: 5.04 x 1.49 x 2.6 (128 x 38 x 66 mm)
• Weight: 12.52 oz
4k Super 35mm Sensor with Global Shutter • Records Apple ProRes 422 in 4K and 1080p and RAW DNG in 4K • Mount: EF and ZE Mount with Electronic Iris Control • Frame Rates: 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30 and at 1920 x 1080i: 50, 59.94 • 12 Stop Dynamic Range • Records to 2.5" SSD • 5" Integrated 800 x 480 resolution LCD Touchscreen • Outputs: Analog Audio, SDI Audio, Thunderbolt, Mic, 6G-SDI Video • Built-in Lithium-ion Battery with VDC port for external battery or 12V AC adapter • Weight: 3.75 lb • The option to record 4K RAW is available with approved SSDs only: Blackmagic Recommended SSDs