In Case You Need It
Record 2.5K RAW video with the Blackmagic Cinema Camera, an innovative, high-resolution video camera in a compact, portable aluminum enclosure. This contemporary camera incorporates a Canon EF and Zeiss ZE lens mount for a variety of optical options. Capture footage with an amazing dynamic range of up to 13 stops. Store metadata information, expand focus and active peaking using the five inch LCD 800 x 480 resolution touchscreen. Integrated lithium-ion battery power lasts approximately 90 minutes. 5 MB/frame in RAW 2.5K records about 30 minutes of 24p video on 256 GB SSD. Compressed HD records more than 5 times the amount.
Camera incorporates a built-in battery lasting approximately 90 minutes. For longer shooting periods, we recommend the Anton Bauer Dionic 90 Battery and Anton Bauer Battery Mount for Blackmagic Cinema Cameras which are NOT included in this rental and must be rented separately.
For a more detailed product description, including additional specifications, please visit the manufacturer's website.
• This camera has a crop factor of 2.4. This means that for any lens, no matter what brand or mount, you will need to multiply the focal length by 2.4 (i.e: a 50mm lens on this camera will look like a 120mm lens would on a full frame camera) For more information consult our crop factor chart.
• A BMCC rental will not include the dongle that enables the full version of DaVinci Resolve. DaVinci Resolve Lite can be downloaded for free here.
• Camera does not have a hotshoe mount, nor does it include any kind of hot shoe adapter. If you intend to use any shoe mountable accessories, you will need to provide your own adapter.
• Please check Blackmagic’s approved SSD list for compatible cards. Note that some cards are approved for compressed video capture but not 2.5K RAW acquisition.
• The BMCC does not offer a way to interface with a computer and serve as a card reader. If you do not own an SSD dock/reader, you will need to rent one. • Please take care when inserting SSDs into the BMCC. If you insert them in the wrong way it will bend the contacts in the camera, and you will no longer be able to insert SSDs. This is the only way the contacts can get bent, and is not covered by the damage waiver. You will be charged the full repair/ replacement fee.
• This camera’s internal battery only lasts about one hour. If you need more battery life, make sure to rent an external battery pack.
• Camera with body cap
• Charger / AC Adapter
• Active Sensor Resolution: 2.5K RAW at 2432 x 1366
• Mount: EF and ZE with Electronic Iris Control
• Frame Rates: 23.98p, 24p, 25p, 29.97p, 30p
• 13 Stop Dynamic Range
• Records to 2.5" SSD
• 5" Integrated 800 x 480 resolution LCD Touchscreen
• Outputs: SDI Video, Analog Audio, SDI Audio, Thunderbolt, Mic
• Removable 2.5" SSD
• Integrated Mono Speaker and Microphone
• Built-in Lithium-ion Battery
• Option to Capture ProRes and DNxHD Compressed Video
• Weight: 3.75 lb
4k Super 35mm Sensor with Global Shutter • Records Apple ProRes 422 in 4K and 1080p and RAW DNG in 4K • Mount: EF and ZE Mount with Electronic Iris Control • Frame Rates: 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30 and at 1920 x 1080i: 50, 59.94 • 12 Stop Dynamic Range • Records to 2.5" SSD • 5" Integrated 800 x 480 resolution LCD Touchscreen • Outputs: Analog Audio, SDI Audio, Thunderbolt, Mic, 6G-SDI Video • Built-in Lithium-ion Battery with VDC port for external battery or 12V AC adapter • Weight: 3.75 lb • The option to record 4K RAW is available with approved SSDs only: Blackmagic Recommended SSDs